Smell From Garbage Disposal

How can I get the smell out of my disposal from the dishwasher when it empties? My sink also has a bad smell.

By Tom from OH

Best Answer

I used to have a garbage disposal and I would grind up Orange or lemon peel. It workd for me :)

Best Answer

Get some lemons when they are onsale, cut into small pieces or slices and freeze on a cookie sheet and then put in plastic bag in freezer, and until smell is gone, put one in every night and grind it up. You could also pour in some white vinegar [1/4 cup] or baking soda while garbage disposal is working. Eventually probably only need to do once a week or less.

Best Answer

Treat with Drain care, a natural enzyme that will not hurt your plumbing. Cleans all in there to slick and shiney.

Best Answer

Boil 6-8 citrus peels (I save my lime and lemon peelings in the freezer until I have enough), when the peels are soft, pour the water and rinds down the disposer while it is running. The steam from the boiling water de-odorizes my home, and the softened peels help 'scrub' the disposer compartment. I do this about every other wek.

I pour pine oil in mine after I get done in the kitchen, good luck.

Woman standing over kitchen sink as man is reaching under to fix it.
Getting Rid of Smells from Garbage Disposal
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 1, 2010
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Celery and Banana Going into Garbage Disposal
Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
Clean garbage disposal drain.
Keeping Garbage Disposal Smelling Fresh
🎄
🍂