Split Trash Pickup With Neighbor

For frugality, I would like to ask our neighbor to combine our trash pickup and split the cost for that service. Hubby says that is illegal. I don't think so. What are your thoughts? Please help with this argument.

Pam from Elkhart, IN

Answers

May 29, 2008 Flag

In my township, residents must pay a private hauler for trash pickup service. It costs about $90 per quarter, that's $360 per year! My neighbor and I decided to split the fee and share the service. He lives alone and doesn't have as much trash as our family, so each week he brings his trash and recyclables to our curb for pickup. Our savings: $180 per year.

By Christine from Hatfield, PA

Split Trash Pickup With Neighbor

I worked for a private trash company about 10 years ago. When they found out people were ""sharing" they would send out bills for both parties. When they didn't get paid, they canceled the trash pick up. They usually did this in the hot summer months when people didn't want to miss their weekly pick-up because the trash would start smelling! (03/27/2007)

By Persnickety Paula

Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 29, 2008
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Split Tree
Saving a Split Tree
Banana Split
Making a Banana Split
🎄