Using Juice in Canned Fruit

During the summer months I save the juice from our canned fruit. I do one of 4 things with the juice.

1. Freeze in ice cube trays to add to tea. Frozen peach cubes or orange cubes are great in ice tea.

2. Add to Koolaid when making it.

3. Make Popsicles with it.

4. Add the juice instead of cold water when making Jello Jigglers. Gives it an extra punch of flavor.

Source: Myself, I am too cheap to throw anything away.

By mom-from-missouri from NW Missouri

When I use canned sliced fruit - peaches, pears, or fruit cocktail - with Jello, I measure the quantity of the juice and substitute it for the water used to finish preparing the Jello once it is dissolved. This means using less water, adding additional flavor to the Jello, and not wasting the juice. Thrifty all the way!!

Most of the juice in fruit cans are made from high fructose corn syrup. In other words sugar. Same stuff added to soft drinks. If I eat fruit from a can I discard the juice.

I buy fruit packed in its own juice as much as possible. They say that is better. But don't throw away the juice no matter how you buy it. There is too many ways to use it.

That's a great idea to make ice cubes and add those to tea! I freeze or can almost all our fruit and add only a tablespoon of sugar so the juice is really juce. My husbnad usually just drinks it but it sounds good to make ice cubes. I'll try it!

Freeze the juice in ice cube trays, and they'll be handy to add to teas, kool aid, etc. Also toss them in for smoothies!

Canned Peaches in a Jar
Uses for Juice from Canned Fruit
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMay 20, 2009
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
strawberry spritzer
Fruit Juice Spritzer Recipes
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
A glass of orange juice.
Saving Money on Juice
🎄