Wood Stove Recommendations

I need a wood stove recommendation. It's time for our old Avalon wood stove to go. I've read the manufacturer web sites for Avalon, Vermont Castings, Lopi, BlazeKing, Country, and of course they make their brand sound like the best on the market. My house is all on one level, about 2000 square feet, and a wood stove is my sole source of heat. I want it to have a long enough burn time that I can load it at night and still have embers in the morning to get it going again. What brand/model wood heating stove do you have and would you recommend it for what I need?

Jackie from Rochester, WA

We have a top loading Jotul. It is, I believe, Swedish or Norwegian. We have had it close to 11 years. The only thing we have had to replace was gaskets. Top loading is nice because you load it with wood from the top. All of the ashes stay at the bottom. It seems like a safer way to load as well. We only use it at 1/3 - 1/2 it's capability because we are not home enough to "feed the beast" and it heats about 75% of our heating needs in a 1600 sq ft house and is located in the basement. Good luck.

We have a European stove brand called Weso, and it burns all night and heats our whole house, about 1800 sq. ft. In the morning, we just stir up the embers and throw in another log or two. They are made in Germany and widely used in Europe.

The WESO model 125 wood/coal burning stove is the best on market for heating a mid size house. I have been using one for over 35 years with no problems. It cost more but in the long run you get what you pay for. My house is 1600 square feet. Jim

I have a Vermont Casting and would NOT recommend buying one. They have a cast iron hood that covers the converter and it gets bent out of shape just burning the stove. I have talked to others and they have the same problem. I have narrowed my search down to two, Blaze King and Energy king. I hop this helps.

Wood Burning Stove
Heating with Wood
Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and HomeNovember 25, 2007
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
🎉
🎄