Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

How can I get Crazy glue off of my countertop? It's a composite laminate.

By Eli from Brooklyn, NY

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Anonymous [848]01/19/2011

Soak the spot for a minute or two with acetone (not non-acetone) nail polish remover and rub well with a cotton ball or soft cotton rag. It will not harm the laminate at all and you won't be risking scratching it.

By Ginny [25]01/17/2011

My DH got some on our laminate countertop, and I was able to use a single sided razor blade to chip it off with no adverse results.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Cleaning Nail Glue off of Countertop

My 10 year old daughter, who WAS NOT to be using the fake fingernails any longer due to this happening once before, has done it again - snipped off the tip of the glue and it spattered all over my 3 month old kitchen countertops. I was furious - mostly because she was NEVER to use that stuff after the first go around. Fingernail polish remover does not help, nor did several cleaning solvents.

Erin

Answers:
RE: Cleaning Nail Glue off of Countertop 01/09/2005
What are they made of? Pending what they are, you could try scraping a bit at a time with a razor.
By homeschoolin_mum
RE: Cleaning Nail Glue off of Countertop 01/10/2005
i would say that if you counter top is a solid counter top you should be able to scrape it off carefully with a razor blade! Kids are so cute aren't they!!
By pakjc
Nail glue is the same as brand name "Crazy Glue". It is a cyano-acrylic glue and you can purchase a remover for this type of glue where you buy the nails or where they sell 'crazy-glue'
By PoPo the Po
I would try covering the razor blade in a dry wash rag, then pushing at the dried glue. I have a razor blade that slides in and out of its silver holder that I think was made to clean the smooth top stoves. It never scratches the porcalien or my counters. You might be able to find one of those. Wish I could it explain it better. Hope this helps. Good luck.
By Melanie
RE: Cleaning Nail Glue off of Countertop 01/11/2005
A nail polish remover with an ACETONE base will take off the glue, that is what they use to remove the nails in salons. Otherwise get super glue remover.
By Kelly

Archive: Nail Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

I have spilled nail glue on my kitchen counter - Is there anything that will remove it?

Shirley from Atlanta, GA

RE: Nail Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Never tried this but think I would hold the hair dryer over it and see if I could soften it and remove it. Just thought of something, one time in Phoenix a man held up a Hallmark store. He put crazy glue on the clerks' hands and made them put them on the counter. They were able to get them loose with alcohol. Give your daughter an extra hug today -- I am sure she is very sorry!! Good luck with your problem!! (06/23/2006)

By Lori

RE: Nail Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

I superglued a small piece of newspaper to my formica countertop. I saturated a cotton ball with acetone nail polish remover, let it remain on the spot for about 5 minutes, and it came right up! (02/22/2007)

By Debbie

Archive: Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

I got Krazy Glue on my kitchen counter top. Does anyone know how to get it off?

Thank you in advance.
Penny from Ipava, IL

RE: Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Easy. Just buy 100% acetone from your beauty supply. You may have to apply a little elbow grease, but it works like a charm. Even removed it from the mirror. (12/19/2007)

By Pam

RE: Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Note: Home Depot and Lowes do not carry anything that will remove superglue. Goobegone and similar adhesive removal products will not do the job. Some hobby shops carry the remover. Also note the glue may have eaten away at your counter top finish. Be prepared, it most likely will never look the same. (sorry to be the pessimist) (10/05/2008)

By Gary

RE: Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

I had it on my countertops it was a drag. The way I got it off was I took my son's acne pads, put rubbing alcohol on it then put nailpolish remover on it. I scrubbed at the spot with the pad and I flaked it off with my fingernails. No marks and it is completely gone. You should totally try it. (01/29/2009)

By DanDudeX

How do I clean Krazy glue from a countertop?

By Rene from Moncton, NB

RE: Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

There's a product on the market called Goo-Gone. It's specifically for removing adhesives. Test first in an inconspicuous area, but it should work. Rinse well afterward. (10/27/2009)

By instyles5

RE: Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Acetone (not non-acetone) nail polish remover. Works like a charm and will not harm your countertops.

Goo Gone isn't going to work because it's made for simple sticky residue removal like tape or labels leave. Just wanted to tell you that because I'd hate to see you spend the money and then find out it won't work. (10/28/2009)

By Deeli

RE: Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Krazy glue also has a remover of it's glue , if the acetone or Goo Gone doesn't work. If it is a large glue blob try to razor it off first, so just a thin layer of glue is left for the glue dissolvers to work on. Rinse well so the surface is neutral again and won't cause discoloring of the counter top.

Jill (10/29/2009)

By ScotFinn