Browsing: Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop

Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

How can I get Crazy glue off of my countertop? It's a composite laminate.

By Eli from Brooklyn, NY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My DH got some on our laminate countertop, and I was able to use a single sided razor blade to chip it off with no adverse results.

Soak the spot for a minute or two with acetone (not non-acetone) nail polish remover and rub well with a cotton ball or soft cotton rag. It will not harm the laminate at all and you won't be risking scratching it.

Finger nail polish remover worked great on a bottle of Super Glue that the bottle developed a hole in it and there was a half inch blob on my counter. It softened it up enough to get a nail file under most of it and with more of using my fingernail scrubbing I got it all off. Thanks for the information!

First try to gently remove it with knife, then rub it with hot water using nylon cloth. You can also use nail polish remove to clean it.

January 16, 2011 Flag

How do I clean Krazy glue from a countertop?

By Rene from Moncton, NB

Answers:

Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

There's a product on the market called Goo-Gone. It's specifically for removing adhesives. Test first in an inconspicuous area, but it should work. Rinse well afterward. (10/27/2009)

By instyles5

Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Acetone (not non-acetone) nail polish remover. Works like a charm and will not harm your countertops.

Goo Gone isn't going to work because it's made for simple sticky residue removal like tape or labels leave. Just wanted to tell you that because I'd hate to see you spend the money and then find out it won't work. (10/28/2009)

By Deeli

Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Krazy glue also has a remover of it's glue , if the acetone or Goo Gone doesn't work. If it is a large glue blob try to razor it off first, so just a thin layer of glue is left for the glue dissolvers to work on. Rinse well so the surface is neutral again and won't cause discoloring of the counter top.

Jill (10/29/2009)

By ScotFinn

October 26, 2009 Flag

I got Krazy Glue on my kitchen counter top. Does anyone know how to get it off?

Thank you in advance.
Penny from Ipava, IL

Answers:

Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Easy. Just buy 100% acetone from your beauty supply. You may have to apply a little elbow grease, but it works like a charm. Even removed it from the mirror. (12/19/2007)

By Pam

Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Note:
Home Depot and Lowes do not carry anything that will remove superglue. Goobegone and similar adhesive removal products will not do the job. Some hobby shops carry the remover. Also note the glue may have eaten away at your counter top finish. Be prepared, it most likely will never look the same. (sorry to be the pessimist) (10/05/2008)

By Gary

Krazy Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

I had it on my countertops it was a drag. The way I got it off was I took my son's acne pads, put rubbing alcohol on it then put nailpolish remover on it. I scrubbed at the spot with the pad and I flaked it off with my fingernails. No marks and it is completely gone. You should totally try it. (01/29/2009)

By DanDudeX

February 25, 2007 Flag

I have spilled nail glue on my kitchen counter - Is there anything that will remove it?

Shirley from Atlanta, GA

Answers:

Nail Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

Never tried this but think I would hold the hair dryer over it and see if I could soften it and remove it. Just thought of something, one time in Phoenix a man held up a Hallmark store. He put crazy glue on the clerks' hands and made them put them on the counter. They were able to get them loose with alcohol. Give your daughter an extra hug today -- I am sure she is very sorry!! Good luck with your problem!! (06/23/2006)

By Lori

Nail Glue on a Kitchen Countertop

I superglued a small piece of newspaper to my formica countertop. I saturated a cotton ball with acetone nail polish remover, let it remain on the spot for about 5 minutes, and it came right up! (02/22/2007)

By Debbie

January 1, 2005 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJanuary 16, 2011
Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Gorilla Glue
Removing Gorilla Glue from a Countertop
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 5:40:12 AM on 10.0.1.53 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.