Marking the Cap of Prescriptions

After I bring home a prescription medicine, I use a marker pen to write on the cap, the name of the pill and how many to take (ex: motrin, 3x's a day.) I keep the meds all in a zip lock bag all ready to grab and go if necessary. Like when going to the doctor's office or leaving town for the week-end, etc.

By Keeper from Morganton, NC

Doesn't your pharmacy print that info on a label that is affixed to the bottle? Mine does!

Your prescription bottle should have the name of the drug and the amount to be taken for each dose on the label. If your doctor has the bad habit of just putting "as directed" on an Rx ASK him/her to have the pharmacist list EXACTLY how you should use this particular drug. If you are not feeling well it is very easy to only half-listen to instructions in the office. What I mark on the lid is the date to call for a refill. That way whenever I pick up the bottle I can readily see if it can be refilled, and, if so, WHEN to call. I go a step beyond & mark my personal calendar, too, so I won't run out of heart medications, etc.

Health & Beauty Prescription DrugsFebruary 6, 2007
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
baby sleeping
Cradle Cap Remedies
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School