Cobbler Using Dry Cake Mix

There's a recipe where you use pie filling, dry cake mix, butter, and what else? It makes something similar to a cobbler, and I would love the exact recipe for this.

Claudia

Pour a can of pie filling (any flavor) and a can of crushed pineapple on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, cover with a dry white cake mix, then cut a stick of butter into pats, and put that on the top. Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 min

I think what you are looking for might be called "Dump Cake". Just type those words into your search bar and many recipes and versions of it should come up.

I use a square glass baking dish and add two cans of pie filling, 1/2 box of white or yellow dry cake mix and 3/4 stick of melted margarine poured over the top of the cake mix. Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

I make blueberry and cherry cobblers using this recipe and it's always good when hot and served with ice cream.

I make a cobbler that I call Campfire cobbler. But I make mine with fresh blackberries. I suppose you can make it with any pie filling. I also make it in my Dutch Oven. But I have made it in a 13 inch rectangle cake pan (glass)

First you run some butter around the inside of pan, then put berries or pie filling in. Pour dry (white or yellow) cake mix on top. Then pour 1 can of clear soda such as lemon-lime,7-up or sprite on top of that. Run a spoon or knife around in it until mixed. But only the top do not mix the berries up in it.

Bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

If cooking in Duch Oven at camp. Put 10-15 charcole brickets under and about 10-15 on top and cook for about an hour.

It is the only cobbler my family will eat and the other campers look forward to me making it. I love to share it.

Lightly spray an 11x13x2 baking dish. Spread 2 cans of Comstock pie filling - your choice, they are all out of this world - Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Evenly spread with yellow cake mix (dry). Drizzle 5 3/4 can of evaporated milk over top. Drizzle one melted stick of margarine or butter evenly over top. Bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees. I got this from Connie on Thrifty Fun.com and it is fabulous. Every time we go to the beach for a cookout, everyone said have Sylvia bring cobbler please.

We did this with the following ingredients:

one box yellow cake mix

one 12 oz can lemon lime soda

2 cans pie filling

Spread the pie filling in a 13X9 pan, mix white cake mix and soda together ( will fizz up a bit). Pour the mix all over the pie filling. Bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven. You can change it up a bit with different flavors of soda. It can't be any easier than this!

I make a pumpkin cobbler using 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. ginger, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 3 beaten eggs, 1 cup brown sugar, 12 oz. can evaporated milk, 16 oz. can pumpkin, put into a lightly buttered 9x13 inch cake pan. Sprinkle a yellow cake mix over the top of the pie filling. Melt a stick of margarine and drizzle over the top of the cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes. Add chopped nuts the last 20 minutes if desired.

We call it a "Dump Cake" in the deep south.

(In a 1 quart baking dish at 350F)

Dump in: 1 can Pie Filling

1 can drained crushed pineapple (If you like!)

Mix together.

Dump in: 1/2 box yellow cake mix a spread it evenly.

(or 1 box Jiffy Cake Mix)

Cover top completely with pats of butter.

Bake for 30 min's. or until the top is crumbly & brown.

This is my daughters favorite!

Use 2 cans Apple Pie filling

1 box gingerbread cake mix

top with butter or 12 oz can of soda

bake 350 1 hour

Top with whip cream or ice cream

Very rich!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts CobblersJuly 24, 2008
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Bowl of berry cobbler with fresh raspberries and blackberries on top.
Raspberry Cobbler Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
🎄