CatsPets

Cat Peeing Inside After a Move

Category Cats

I just moved to my daughter's home with my cat that I have had since birth (she's 18 months old). She attempted to pee on my daughter's couch and I am not sure why. What do you think?

Terri from Philadelphia, PA

Answers

Hi! I have one of my cats doing the same thing, I had a cat for over 2 years & ended up with 3 male kittens that just appeared about 4 months ago. According to my vet it could be one of 2 things (since we can't determine who did it) either my first cat is upset about the change in her house since the others are now becoming teenagers & rip around the house so is marking her place or is just doing it because of the change & is upset/nervous OR one of the cats loves me so much it is marking my things (so far my pillow & the cushion on the couch where I usually sit & also a cat play tube) so maybe your daughters cat is anxious or not sure about any changes being made??? or maybe if it is where your daughter or the cat usually sits is marking it as hers??? another thing i have seen online suggested is cats will start peeing around the house if they have a urinary tract infection though my vet said she doubted that was the problem. We have put the 3 males downstairs temporarily til they get fixed & no more peeing up here so either my female was doing it & stopped because she is extremely happy now that they aren't up here or it was one of them will have to see after they are neutered. You could check with the vet your daughter takes her cat to & get their opinion.