Craft Project: Patriotic Wind Chimes
Here is an inexpensive, easy craft for kids to make to celebrate the Fourth of July.
Approximate Time: 30 - 45 minutes, plus time for glue to dry
- bath tissue or paper towel tube
- red and blue ribbon
- white craft foam
- red glitter glue
- blue glitter
- white craft glue
- small paint brush
- jingle bells - Liberty Bell shaped or regular round
- Cut a 2 inch piece of cardboard tube. Spacing evenly and alternating colors, glue red and blue ribbon lengths to the outside of the cardboard tube. The top ends of the ribbons will be glued inside the tube, and the bottom ends will be longer and hang free.
- Draw and cut 4 small star shapes from white craft foam. Trace the edges of the stars with red glitter glue. Glue the stars to the tube in between the ribbons.
- Use a small paint brush to spread glue on the tube around the stars and ribbons. Sprinkle blue glitter over the glue. Allow the glue to dry.
- Cut another piece of ribbon for the hanger. Glue the ends of this piece to the inside of the tube at the top. Make two small ribbon bows and glue these to the outside of the tube where the hanger ends are attached.
- Thread the ends of the hanging ribbons through the tops of the bells, then glue the ribbon to itself to secure the bells (this is instead of trying to tie the ribbon ends in knots).
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 28, 2016 at 6:04:34 AM on 10.0.0.46 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us