Easy Gift Bags

Materials

• 9x12 inch felt
  • scissors
  • sewing machine or glue or needle and thread
  • ribbons, elastic ties, etc for decorating

Instructions

Take a 9x12 sheet of felt and cut it in half longways with decorative scissors (you can use straight cut scissors, too). Then fold in half short ways. Sew 1/4 inch seam with machine or by hand or glue side openings only, to close. Leave the top open. Makes a nice little gift bag. Decorate as desired. Let your imagination go wild :)

I put zipper plastic bags inside with 1 cup of flavored coffee creamer or chocolate mix and tie with covered elastic (in the holiday ribbon section at WalMart). I placed a sticker on the zipper bag with name of ingredients and directions for use. I then placed a sticker on the outside of the felt bag with the name of what was inside. Makes a cute stocking stuffer or small gift. Also, it is another idea for craft shows for the holidays. I make my own "gourmet" mixes to put inside.

By Hvnlyhills from Peebles, OH

I would love to see a picture of these, they sound great.

Great idea, Hvnlyhills!!! Thanx for the idea :)

If you are looking for paper for crafts, try finding a newpaper company or paper company in your town, usually when a paper company is finished with a roll of paper, they throw it away, & usually there is quite a bit of paper leftover on the roll. Sometime it is NOT news print paper.

Mary

Recycled Box Gift Bags
Homemade Gift Bags
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gift WrappingDecember 5, 2005
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Recycled Sweater Gift Bag
Making a Recycled Sweater Gift Bag
🎉
🎄