Removing Silver Polish From Hands

How do I clean my hands after polishing silver without gloves? They are very black and even though I washed my hands after, they aren't getting clean..

Susan from Durham NC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

hand cleaner, like for auto motive work. sold in the dollar store, round small tub cost $1 each.its a thick gel type mixture, rub it on your hands work in it good let set for a few minutes 2-3 minutes wash off, will remove oil, grease, marker stains, ink, paint, you name it! Keep it handy for spot washing on your laubdry items, removing any stain on any thing it works better than any thing i have ever used. Even worked on red clay dirt that got in to the bottom of my daughters long white wedding gown, this stuff is awesome! try it.

I would put some of the silver polish on a nail brush and have at it. Rinse and repeat as needed. That black is oxidation. If the polish can take it off the metal, it should get it off your hands! Otherwise Lava soap and time. Instead of polish, I use the aluminum foil and dishwasher powder in a non-reactive container, or a Blitz! cloth, which is AWESOME!

Home and Garden Cleaning MetalDecember 31, 2007
silver tea pot
Determining Silver Plate vs. Sterling Silver
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:04:46 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.