Travel Packing Tips
I hate packing! There's so much to do before a trip that this chore is just an added nuisance!
So those items that will ALWAYS go on trips with me, I just have them specifically designated for trips, instead of packing them when the time comes. I just store these extras in my luggage!
- I use ziplock sandwich bags for most of them that are labeled:
- First Aid: (four or five bandaids, a teenie bag of Ibuprofen, antibiotic cream, etc.)
- Beverages: (two or three tea packets, two or three coffee packets, a travel container of Equal, powdered cream packets, etc.)
- Makeup: (I try to find tiny versions of my regular makeup, if possible. Lipstick, a smaller bottle of foundation --who needs a whole bottle for 4 days!, eyeshadow, mascara, etc.)
- Shower/Hygiene: (a tiny toothpaste, tiny shampoo/conditioner, tiny hair gel bottle, etc.)
- Electronics: (iPod charger, USB cord, phone charger, camera charger and battery, headphones, etc.) (These are specifically designated for traveling. They're duplicates of the household USB cord and iPod charger, etc.)
- I also have designated "travel undies" and "travel socks" and a "travel cap" and "travel sunglasses", etc. They stay in the luggage and are only used on trips. So no packing of them is necessary!
- If I find that I'm not going to use something on this particular trip (I need 5 pairs of undies on a week-long trip; only 2 on a weekend trip), I put them in a drawer specifically designated for "travel stuff".
- Then, when I return from a trip, I unpack IMMEDIATELY (if I don't, the luggage sits exactly where I set it down, for weeks!). I refill anything that needs it (shampoo, pills, bandaids, etc.), wash anything that will go back into the luggage (undies/socks) and I'm ready to go in a flash on my next trip!
And I'll have confidence that I haven't forgotten anything, because it was already there to begin with! (like headphones!)
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
August 5, 20080 found this helpful
I like your trip organization planning. I don't travel that much, but I made a list of the different items I need to pack so I don't forget something that may not be needed on all trips. An item that comes to mind is our bed pillows - of course we can't take them on the airplane but on road trips we can. I keep this list handy so it's easy to find when I'm packing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 8:16:25 PM on 10.0.2.179 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us