Vegetables With a Touch of Lemon
This heart-healthy sauce uses lemon juice, herbs, and a small amount of oil.
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower until tender (about 10 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, mix the lemon juice, oil, and garlic, and cook over low heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Put the vegetables in a serving dish. Pour the lemon sauce over the vegetables. Garnish with parsley.
Yields: 6 servings (1/2 cup each)
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 2 g
Saturated fat: Less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 7 mg
Calcium: 10 mg
Iron: Less than 1 mg
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:14:05 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us