Reuse Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets

If you are trying to eat healthier and steam vegetables in your microwave, a bowl from Healthy Choice steamers works well time after time. You will also be recycling at the same time. I love not having to drag out my strainer all the time.

By christine IN

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I absolutely love your idea but if the basket has a recycle number stamped on the bottom that is anything other than #2, #4 or #5 it is not safe to reuse for food or beverages (especially in a microwave) because of chemicals that leach from the plastic. :-( If there is no number stamp I would call the 800 number for Healthy Choice and ask them what the recycle number is for the basket.

This also makes a great single size pasta serving too!

I posed the question to ConAgra about reusing the bowls and the following

is taken from an e-mail from ConAgra's Consumer Relations Dept:

"Thank you for your email concerning our Healthy Choice® Cafe Steamers, a product of ConAgra Foods.

We do not recommend re-using the Cafe Steamers bowls. Our Healthy Choice Café Steamers packaging was designed to maximize quality and performance of our packaging, while providing the best possible value to our consumers. We do not recommend or warrantee the bowl and basket for multiple or alternate uses. "

Comment

Healthy Choice Meal Container
Uses for Healthy Choice Meal Containers
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsOctober 28, 2010
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
paper flower basket
Making May Day Baskets
Antique Steamer Trunk
Determining the Value of an Antique Steamer Trunk
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 21, 2016 at 6:29:15 AM on 10.0.0.132 in 614 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.