Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Reuse Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets

If you are trying to eat healthier and steam vegetables in your microwave, a bowl from Healthy Choice steamers works well time after time. You will also be recycling at the same time. I love not having to drag out my strainer all the time.

By christine IN

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Maryeileen [76]11/17/2010

I posed the question to ConAgra about reusing the bowls and the following
is taken from an e-mail from ConAgra's Consumer Relations Dept:

"Thank you for your email concerning our Healthy Choice® Cafe Steamers, a product of ConAgra Foods.

We do not recommend re-using the Cafe Steamers bowls. Our Healthy Choice Café Steamers packaging was designed to maximize quality and performance of our packaging, while providing the best possible value to our consumers. We do not recommend or warrantee the bowl and basket for multiple or alternate uses. "

By Karen Foiles [6]11/01/2010

This also makes a great single size pasta serving too!

By Anonymous [848]10/29/2010

I absolutely love your idea but if the basket has a recycle number stamped on the bottom that is anything other than #2, #4 or #5 it is not safe to reuse for food or beverages (especially in a microwave) because of chemicals that leach from the plastic. :-( If there is no number stamp I would call the 800 number for Healthy Choice and ask them what the recycle number is for the basket.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.