How To Cut Paper Snowflakes?

How do you cut paper snowflakes? Here are tips from the ThriftyFun community. Post your own techniques here.

Step By Step Directions

Start, of course, with a practice piece of paper fold it into a square several times. When cutting, hold your finger and thumb over the center fold. If you cut this, it will all fall apart. Cut into the remaining edges, like you are cutting out a little stream, go straight, go crooked, make some long, make some short, you can round the other point.

The better you get at this, the more intricate you can make your cuts. Just start with a few, open it up and then you can see how it works and the next one you can do better. Good luck. You must be young, everyone from my generation knows how to cut snowflakes!

Merry Christmas

By fauxpaslover

Decorate The House For Christmas With Snowflakes

I decorated the house and tree one year with a couple of hundred of those. I made squares out of white freezer paper and waxed paper, folded in quarters, then once more. Make sure the folds are nice and sharp. Then cut as much as you can. Cut snips of diamond shapes out of both long edges, then cut the loose edges and one SMALL snip on the small middle point. You can unfold and hang up, or when I made them for a Christmas party, I dipped them in hot parafin, pressed them in clear glitter, and laid them flat to dry. Boy were they pretty! Though a real pain to make many of. The way I made mine, were about 4 inches from edge to edge. Any bigger than that and they tended to fold into themselves. Merry Christmas!

By Margie

If you know a smoker, have them save the foil from their cigarette packs and you can cut pretty gold and silver snowflakes from them.