Scenery: Full Moon Through A Tree

This photo was taken at night during the "big" full moon.

By Sue

Great photo! I need to get out at night and snap some shots too! Thanks for giving me the idea and for sharing with us Thrifty Funners!

Perfect.

I love this! It looks like the moon is hanging from the tree branch, so artistic! I come back to look at it again and again.

...or like a glowing orb perched in the crook of the branch, love it!

Great photo! I was thinking the same thing that Cathy S. posted. Thanks for sharing.

October 21, 2011 Flag

I took this picture of the moon last winter.

By mama22 from WV

Harvest Moon Through the Trees

Very cool! Nothing beats nature and the unexpected!

Gorgeous photo. Thanks for sharing!

That is an absolutely gorgeous photo! I love it!

October 19, 2011 Flag

Took the dog outside for a late night walk and noticed the moon coming up. When I got outside with my camera, it seemed to be nestled into cedar tree branches. The sky had a deep blue appearance which set off the golden color of the moon.

By Ann F.

Moon Glowing Through Trees

You've just put one breathtakingly beautiful picture in my head. Thanks. JPJ

March 21, 2011 Flag

Have you tried taking a picture of the moon after dark before? I've tried dozens of times but simply don't have, nor can I afford, accessories for my camera to be able to take a good clear photo of the moon after dark without the weird light streaks occurring :-(

But about a week ago there was a full moon and it was hovering behind a pine tree so decided to give it a try to see what would happen! It turned out awesome, in my humble opinion, because the tree branches were just enough diffusion for filtering :-)

By Deeli

Scenery: Full Moon Through A Tree

Answers:

Scenery: Full Moon Through A Tree

Fantastic Photo. With all the "moon" song titles out there, I'll bet there's one that would fit this picture perfectly. Must give it some thought. Thank you for sharing with us.

(10/08/2010)

By Songwriter

Scenery: Full Moon Through A Tree

This a picture I took of the moon a couple of weeks ago. I used a tripod so the camera could not move, and with the telephoto lens, twilight setting and no flash, this is what I came up with. Best photo of the moon I have taken so far. Deeli, even the smaller digital cameras have more than a few settings. Check the owners manual, or just play around with the camera until you get the desired results. I did use a better camera for this, but I have had the less expensive ones too that could take nice pictures. Oh! I forgot to mention that I also enhanced the photo in Corel. Lots more detail showed up after I did that. (10/08/2010)

By Lsdy Harper

RE: Scenery: Full Moon Through A Tree

Scenery: Full Moon Through A Tree

Lsdy Harper, your detailed photo is awesome, and thank you so very much for your input, but that's not the effect I am trying for. I want the moon glow in the distant sky without the light distortion. Believe me, I know how to use my camera (having studied all 176 pages of the manual to learn how to use it, LOL) and I cannot afford a tripod nor the special lens filters. So 'through the tree branches from a distance' with what I do have to work with turned out pretty darn well. :-) (10/09/2010)

By Deeli

Scenery: Full Moon Through A Tree

Deeli, I only wish I could see this pic with my eyes rather than through your descriptions. I'm giving you a thumbs up, 'cause I know from the description, it's beautiful. (10/10/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Scenery: Full Moon Through A Tree

I love your pics. They are so very beautiful! A thumbs up for you. Gem (10/11/2010)

By maphisx7

A photo of the full moon.
Moon Photos
Photos SceneryMarch 21, 2011
a dark bedroom
Making Blackout Window Curtains
Moon Cake
Moon Cake Recipes
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Drawing of an astronaut on the moon holding a flag.
Moon Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎄