Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

Please tell me how do I get rid of under eye puffiness, right below the corner of the eye. Everyday when I wake up, there it is. It looks like someone punched me. Please help.

Looking forward to any and all responses. Thank you.

By Linda

I put a dab of witch hazel beneath my eye cream in the AM & that helps reduce puffiness. Also use cold tea bag compresses to reduce bad swelling due to allergies when nothing else works. Could apply very cold water or ice cubes to help. Just read about using cold milk - because it has lactic acid in it! Press your eye area carefully, & try to distribute any fat deposits - use your middle finger, as it is the weakest & don't rub your eyes! (P.S. check to see if you have any allergies that might be causing the swelling - ) I like the new L'Oreal double-ended eye cream stick, with one tube for day & one for night - You have to use eye cream!

This will work:

1) Take 2 used cold tea bags & place them over each eye for 10 minutes each morning.

The Tannic Acid & the caffeine in the Tea reduces the swelling along with the cold. Just make a cup of tea then put the tea-bags in the fridge for use the next morning.

Directions:

http://www.ehow  es-used-tea.html

2) Many Professional Models use REAL (not from the dollar store) Preparation-H under their eyes to take away bags & swelling (like with hemorrhoids). This works because of the chemical made to reduce the swelling in the hemorrhoids. (Don't laugh, it WORKS!)

Prep H is a vasoconstrictor and it should work immediately. If it doesn't work for you within 5 minutes after applying, it probably won't. But it smells terrible! You have to let it set for 10 minutes before applying your make-up.

I know this sounds yucky, but preparation H works!

A doctor on Doctor Oz talked about this a few days ago. He said in some cases it may be an allergy. He said try taking an over-the-counter antihestimine right before you go to bed. See if that works. I know if I sleep really hard I'll wake up very puffy for some reason. I also heard don't sleep on your stomach with face down.

Anonymous

Unless the Preparation H is manufactured in Canada it is not recommended to use around your eyes! I can't remember the ingredient offhand but there's an ingredient in it that is not safe for any portion of the body other than what it's meant for. Canada does not use that ingredient.

Another thing that might be causing the puffiness is not drinking enough plain old simple water during the day. I know when I have my daily 8 I have no puffiness or bloating in any part of my body but within a day or two of not drinking it as I should the puff and bloat is back :-( If you currently don't drink your 8 and decide to try it just know it takes a few days for the water to help expel all body toxins and show results :-)

It's long been said put some hemorrhoid medicine on your eyes and it shrinks the swelled tissue.