Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

Please tell me how do I get rid of under eye puffiness, right below the corner of the eye. Everyday when I wake up, there it is. It looks like someone punched me. Please help.

Looking forward to any and all responses. Thank you.

By Linda

I put a dab of witch hazel beneath my eye cream in the AM & that helps reduce puffiness. Also use cold tea bag compresses to reduce bad swelling due to allergies when nothing else works. Could apply very cold water or ice cubes to help. Just read about using cold milk - because it has lactic acid in it! Press your eye area carefully, & try to distribute any fat deposits - use your middle finger, as it is the weakest & don't rub your eyes! (P.S. check to see if you have any allergies that might be causing the swelling - ) I like the new L'Oreal double-ended eye cream stick, with one tube for day & one for night - You have to use eye cream!

This will work:

1) Take 2 used cold tea bags & place them over each eye for 10 minutes each morning.

The Tannic Acid & the caffeine in the Tea reduces the swelling along with the cold. Just make a cup of tea then put the tea-bags in the fridge for use the next morning.

Directions:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2127129_treat-puffy-eyes-used-tea.html

2) Many Professional Models use REAL (not from the dollar store) Preparation-H under their eyes to take away bags & swelling (like with hemorrhoids). This works because of the chemical made to reduce the swelling in the hemorrhoids. (Don't laugh, it WORKS!)

Prep H is a vasoconstrictor and it should work immediately. If it doesn't work for you within 5 minutes after applying, it probably won't. But it smells terrible! You have to let it set for 10 minutes before applying your make-up.

I know this sounds yucky, but preparation H works!

A doctor on Doctor Oz talked about this a few days ago. He said in some cases it may be an allergy. He said try taking an over-the-counter antihestimine right before you go to bed. See if that works. I know if I sleep really hard I'll wake up very puffy for some reason. I also heard don't sleep on your stomach with face down.

Unless the Preparation H is manufactured in Canada it is not recommended to use around your eyes! I can't remember the ingredient offhand but there's an ingredient in it that is not safe for any portion of the body other than what it's meant for. Canada does not use that ingredient.

Another thing that might be causing the puffiness is not drinking enough plain old simple water during the day. I know when I have my daily 8 I have no puffiness or bloating in any part of my body but within a day or two of not drinking it as I should the puff and bloat is back :-( If you currently don't drink your 8 and decide to try it just know it takes a few days for the water to help expel all body toxins and show results :-)

It's long been said put some hemorrhoid medicine on your eyes and it shrinks the swelled tissue.

March 10, 2010 Flag

Can anyone recommend any products that really help reduce puffiness under the eyes?

Bonnie from Tuckerton, NJ

Answers:

Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

I use Preparation H. A tiny bit under eyes. It does work and that is what some beauty contestants do to reduce puff. (11/30/2007)

By Gina

Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

My friend uses witch hazel. Available at any drug store. (11/30/2007)

By siris

Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

Drink more water, I notice mine more when I'm parched. (11/30/2007)

By kimhis

Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

I have been on a new vitamin regimen and one of the vitamins have made my puffy dark circles under my eyes go away. I am taking E, B-100, magnesium, Flax oil and Fish oil, and Glucosamine/Chondroitin. I wish I could pinpoint which one helped my puffiness, but I started this all at the same time. I suffer from Endometriosis and thought I would try a natural route instead of more medicine. My pain hasn't diminished, but I have noticed a big improvement with my skin. Maybe you could try a multivitamin.
(12/01/2007)

By Sandy

Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

Cold wet teabags will help. (12/08/2007)

By Shyun Shun

Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

I recently did a survey for this subject. It recommended getting more rest, drinking more water, and exercise. (12/15/2007)

By badwater

Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

If remedies don't work for you. Take some gold eyeshadow and place it on the corners of your eyes. (01/01/2008)

Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

I use the Rite Aid brand of Prep. H., (much cheaper the the name brand) the clear gel. I apply a thin layer with a q-tip on the top lid and then under my eye. Then a light touch of powder after it dries. Do not use the cream, it doesn't dry. (01/14/2008)

By lindakerwin

Reducing Puffiness Under Eyes

1. Mix a tsp active yeast with a little yogurt to make a thick paste. Apply it under your eye and lie down for 15 minutes. Helps reduce puff and dark circles, too.

2. Put 2 teaspoons in the freezer for few hours, then put the teaspoons on your eyes and relax for few minutes.

3. Moisten two regular tea bags in cold water (avoid Earl Grey. The bergamot could irritate eyes.), then leave in the fridge until chilled. Place over eyes and lie back for about ten minutes.

4. Slices of cool cucumber and raw potato may also do the job. Thanks to their anti-irritating and anti-inflammatory benefits.

5. Make sure you're clocking up enough shut-eye. Tiredness is a major cause of puffiness. Also try sleeping on two pillows. When your head is elevated, excess fluids drain away more easily.

6. Use a concealer in a shade slightly darker than your natural skin tone, which will play down any bagginess. Whatever you do, avoid a light, shimmery concealer which does just the opposite. Similarly, keep glittery or glimmery shadow away from dark patches. You may actually find you're best off limiting eye makeup to concealer and a flick of mascara, and moving the attention to your mouth, with a strong lipstick-lashed lip.

7. Avoid salt. It retains water and causes the body to generally bloat. Alcohol, too, can contribute to a puff-up. Drink between one to two liters of water per day, to keep fluids flushing through your system. Try starting the day with warm water infused with lemon. A great way to clean out and kick-start your sluggish morning system. A burst of exercise will help to get things going, too. Even if it's just a five-minute frenzy of star-jumps. (03/28/2008)

By guddi

Woman with puffy eyes using eye drops.
Remedies for Puffy Eyes
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceMarch 10, 2010
Storing Googly Eyes
Storing Googly Eyes
Dark Circles Under Eyes
Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
Woman massaging her eyes
Remedies for Bags Under Your Eyes
child rubbing eyes
Remedies for Itchy Eyes
🎉
🎄