Stain From a Coin on Formica

I have a 1960s table which is my pride and joy. It's made of white formica and recently my son spilt milk on to a coin that was on it. I didn't notice until it was too late. The milk reacted with the coin and now I have a round coin mark on my pride and joy! I have tried bleach and the usual vinegar etc, but I don't want to ruin it. I would really appreciate any cleaning tips that you think may work.

Thank you!
Nik12crazygal from England

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Try Barkeepers Friend. It is a powder like ajax, or clorox and works very well on formica and at removing stains. Cleaned my husband's fiberglass boat bottom excellent.

When I get a haircolor stain on the bathroom counter I use a emery board to "buff" out the stain. I might be more careful on my own counter.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureFebruary 2, 2006
Cleaning
Cleaning Formica
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Antique Coin Bank
Opening an Antique Coin Bank
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:15:03 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.