Removing Stagnant Air Smell from a Room

How do you remove the smell from a closed room and keep it airy and fresh?

By Parul from Delhi, India

Can you get distilled white vinegar (not the malt kind for chips, but the plain white)? If yes, set several shallow bowls out in the room-trust me, the vinegar smell will fade in about a half hour, and so will the musty smell. You can also wash the walls with a vinegar and water solution; another trick is to dampen a tea towel with vinegar and wave it around the room for a few minutes. That trick works especially well if something has burned on the cooker. :)

Vinegar works best.

I would buy a bottle of ammonia found in the cleaning or laundry section. Place a couple dishes of ammonia in the room. It will absorb the odors. I have even added ammonia to my shampooer when I clean my carpet.

A woman holding her nose because of a bad smell.
Removing Stagnant Air Smell from a Room
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJuly 26, 2011
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Getting Rid of the Smell from a Plugin Air Freshener
Car Air Conditioner
Smell Coming From a Car Air Conditioner
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:29:47 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.