TravelTravel and Recreation

Find New Places for Getaways

Category Travel

I think we all get in a rut and tend to take "mini" vacations to the same places over and over. That generally means it is a place we enjoy, but I am always looking for a new "getaway". I am sure you feel the same.

Let's share some of our "favorite places" with each other!

By Sandy

Editor's Note: This was originally posted in March. With the price of gasoline so high, it's a good time to get more feedback. Feel free to post your favorite places spots at the Post Feedback link below.

Try going to Loveland, Colorado.....take the drive up the Thompson River Canyon and you will land in Estes Park.....right at the foothills of Rocky Mountain National Park. If it's open, depending on what time of year you go.....take the Fall River Road (one way, dirt road) and then take the paved road (Trail Ridge Road) back down to Estes Park. The Trail Ridge Road is the highest continuous paved road, I believe, in the world.

I take my DH out to dinner and don't tell him the name of the restaurant until we are almost there or he guesses because it's nearby. This was his idea as a couple of times he didn't know where to eat out and asked me to surprise him.

One could translate this to going to Medieval Times or a sports game, just make sure that the spouse has a couple of hours available in his schedule.

I don't like surprises, so this wouldn't please me at all, but a special some one might think it's cute.

The answer to this of course depends on your location. Most states have wonderful state parks that we as natives many times overlook. You can go locally within your state and rent a cabin/condo for a weekend and enjoy what the parks have to offer. Solitude, serenity, nature, water, boating, horseback riding, biking, etc. in many cases. It's usually only a few miles away and with gas so high you can have a fun mini vacation and pay very little. Relax and enjoy what God has made!!!