Planting a Dried Peach Pit

I dried out peach pits last year. All the info I can find is for fresh pits. Will the information stay the same? Or do I just plant them and hope for the best?

By Candy

Most peach trees are grafted, a nice tasting peach grafted onto a hardy stock that is tolerant to many of the diseases, etc in your area. You could certainly try growing a tree from a pit, but the tree may not be very hardy. Good luck!

I don't have an answer to your question, but a comment on what MooseMom said. I've heard also that you can't really grow peaches from pits, you have to buy the tree. But my mom has a peach tree in her yard that she got from her dad, who happened to be eating a peach on his porch & threw the pit into his compost pile. It sprouted & started growing, so she dug it up(much to his amusement as he told her it would never grow fruit) & planted it in her own yard down the road. Twenty years later that crazy peach tree produces so many peaches every year that mom has to prop the branches up with boards! She wishes there was something she could do to make it stop producing! LOL!

Good luck with your peach pit, I hope it grows for you!

Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesJune 30, 2011
Fire Pit on a Wood Deck
Using a Fire Pit on a Wood Deck
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy