How Do I Keep Cats from Peeing in My Yard?

I hope you can help. First things first I like cats and dogs, but where I live I seem to attract the tom cats. They leave their calling smell (strong pee?). What's the best thing or way to try and stop this?

By Tony from Liverpool, UK

Try putting moth balls around your yard. The cats don't like the smell and should stay away. It worked for me, hope it works for you.

Do not put moth balls around the yard!!! If anything smells worse than cat pee, it is moth balls, and they are poisonous to you and animals and birds as well. Horrible things. There are products you can buy that are "cat repellants" that you sprinkle around your yard. These work for the most part, but you have to keep reapplying if it rains. You might try orange peels, lemon peels, grapefruit peels, as cats are not supposed to like citrus. I had very good results using lemon scented Mr Clean full strength splashed on the area that the cats were spraying. They were spraying the front of my house and near the door in the winter. I splashed the full strength lemon scented cleaner on the sprayed areas (because it -30, and I was not prepared to be out there scrubbing!!) This covered up the smell, and seemed to repel the cats. Worth a try, as I don't think that it is harmful to plants or animals or insects.

Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Home and Garden Pest Control CatsMay 1, 2011
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Orange tabby kitten in grass and flowers
Repelling Neighborhood Cats
A family of cats on the street.
Finding Homes for Stray Cats
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
🎉
🎄