Gum on a Police Uniform

How do you get gum out of a police uniform shirts. I washed and dried them and I forgot I had gum in the pockets.

Sandy from Metolius, OR

Warm white vinegar in microwave [not too hot now. ..not boiling] Then take an old toothbrush and dip in vinegar and gently brush in circles working to remove the gum. Since its been washed and dried it may take a few minutes. Cathy from MA

My kids used to do that all the time. I tried different things: peanut butter to dissolve and then grease relief to take out the grease stain. It takes a long time.

My greatest success came with freezing and using a razor blade to get it off. Many times I just used the razor blade. Note: you have to be very careful not to cut the fabric. Good Luck

Hi Sandy! I agree with everything that Dring-Crazy said. That is the method I use, too. Here is a video on getting gum off of clothing (not dried in a dryer, tho): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHYkYiDDuvk I hope you get the gum out...so frustrating, I know :):)

There is a product out there called Goo-Be-Gone. It works wonders. Spray it on and then gently rub with a damp cloth. It works on my uniforms like a charm!

Goo-Gone

I don't know if you or your significant other is the police officer but God Bless for the job done !!!!!! So very much appreciated !!!!!!

Ice cubes and then some scraping maybe ??? Sounds trite in my instance but it worked to get gum out of childrens hair ...

Link is about my dear cousin who also was USMC prior to service ... Just wanted to let you know how much appreciated the police force and all armed forces are to me !!!

http://www.odmp.org/officer/15386-police-officer-daryle-wayne-black

Semper Fi

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingSeptember 25, 2008
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Sweet Gum Balls
Buying Sweet Gum Balls
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
🎄
🍂