Insulating the Walls in the Corner of a Room

I need help insulating the corner of a room:

I used a thermal detector to discover that the corner of the bedroom seems to be missing insulation and is significantly colder than the rest. Living in Colorado and having 2-huge windows in that room does not help. So I would like to fix the problem if I could.

The structure was built in 1984, and I am guessing that something like this occurred (diagram attached to this post) http://www.extremehowto.com/xh/article.asp?article_id=60256

I am betting that the builder did not fill in the gap where the two walls meet forming a 90 degree angle. I would really like to be able to do this myself. Any suggestions? Should I drill some holes directly into the corner where the two walls meet and fill it with some kind of insulation foam? I am a total novice here, so detailed directions would be appreciated. Thank you.

By Lisa from Boulder, CO

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Home and Garden Home Improvement InsulationNovember 2, 2010
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Man putting in Corner Shelves
Building Corner Shelves
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Insulating Your Home, Insulation Ready to Be Installed
Insulating Your Home
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:18:02 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.