Garden Craft: Bentwood Arbor

I made this arbor with benches over 10 years ago. I put planter boxes down both sides and then put benches inside. The planter boxes are lined with old tarps over plywood and then stick wood. The stick wood can be alder, cedar, fir, etc. I use all of the above, just make sure it's not rotten. I try to use fresh fallen trees or standing scrub trees. This is also a good way to get rid of old tarps, the tarps can protect your planter boxes so they don't rot so fast. You can use three round logs with thick branches for the top as benches or treated wood. I have done both here. It's a great place to enjoy nature and small children really like playing in the arbor and eating treats. It's a fun project that you can share with your family, collecting thick branches and building the arbor.

Have a creative day!

By Cathy from Stanwood, WA

thats just beautiful! is that pebble rocks that you have in the center ground for walking on? love the butterfly too great job

I LOVE THIS!!! Can you post a larger picture??

Very nice job, what did you use to hold it together? Nails? nails with vines or twine?

Can you tell us more about the construction?

I agree - closer pics please

Thank you very much for showing.

Count me in! More detailed info! I've never made one and could sure use a step by step instruction. Nice work, Cathy!!

This is an awesome arbor, would it be possible to have larger pictures or some type of instructions. Thank you for such a great idea.

Love it! Need to have one!

Lovely. Grapes would be nice too, for the arbor part.

Garden arbor
Building a Garden Arbor
Crafts Garden & YardSeptember 17, 2008
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
White Climbing Roses
Growing Climbing Roses
Couple Celebrating Arbor Day by Planting Tree
Celebrating Arbor Day
Bentwood Chairs
Making Bentwood Furniture
🎄
🍂