In Memory Of Sadie Boo (Basset Hound Mix)

Sadie Boo passed away from cancer last year at the age of 15. We miss her terribly. Sadie Boo had the body of a Basset Hound, what else she was mixed with is a mystery.

Sadie Boo was adopted at the age of 9 weeks from Second Chance animal rescue. I say it is sad a 9 week old puppy needs a second chance. She loved to bark and roll over for attention, play fetch, the "chase me" game, demand to be petted, and look cute!

Sadie Boo is my miracle dog. She was diagnosed with arthritis up and down her spine and spreading into her hips when she was only 2 years old. Sadie Boo had major surgery on her knee in 2003. The vet told me to prepare myself that she wouldn't be with us much longer.

I found a natural supplement which I swear gave Sadie Boo another 6 years with us. She had more biopsies and tumor removal surgeries then I can count. Each time she was a trooper! She never fussed or whined, but if you tried to cut her nails, it took 3 people to get the job done.

Sadie Boo was my best friend and a joy. She got me through some of the hardest parts of my life. She did the silliest things that made me laugh. Sadie Boo smiled and ran up until her last day, when cancer finally took her from us.

This is my first Christmas without her. I missed hearing her bark with excitement and watching her open her presents, which she did without any help from anybody. She would actually tear the paper and spit it out.

By Bordermix

So very sorry for your loss! Sadie Boo is still your angel though and your hearts are forever connected. :-)

So sorry for your loss. May I ask what medication you had given her for her arthritis?

Please, many of us would love to know about the arthritis supplement. I have had some luck with MSM , glucosamine, serapeptase, a little aspirin but would give anything to stop the crippling of rescue dogs. All dogs are worthy. I have had dogs that suffered right after a vaccine. Now that I Googled and know the poisons, mercury, antifreeze, pus and other disgusting things, i will not vaccinate except if required by law. Even then I can get a postponement because you never vaccinate anything that is ill or even bad skin. It wrecks the immune system. Back to arthritis. (often caused by vaccines). What helped that precious soul Sadie Boo? Impossible to top the look on her face. Adorable, sweet.

What a sweet, inquisitive face. How lucky you were to have so many more years with Sadie Boo than was predicted. I hope your sweet memories outweigh your sorrow! Please tell us what supplement you used, my mom has 2 young dogs that are already having trouble with their joints.

What a sweet girl "sadie boo" is she has crossed the "rainbow bridge" feel no more pain and remember the owner who loved and protected her during her life on earth. God bless you.

So very sad to say good bye to such a dear friend. I'm sure you miss her very much, but she will stay in your heart for the rest of your life.

Reading about your baby made me cry. I have a little 5 pound girl who is the love of my life, and I can't imagine being without her tho I know some day I will be. I hope in time you will rescue another puppy and give it the care and love you gave to Sadie Boo. She was a very lucky baby.

The supplement I used was Nupro Silver. I purchased it from

Bassett Hound Mix
Basset Hound Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesJanuary 4, 2011
a girl in a formal dress
Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins
Red Bone Coon Hound
Red Bone Coon Hound Breed Information and Photos
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
Basset Hound
Basset Hound Breed Information and Photos