Removing Dried Fabric Softener from Clothing

Can anyone help me? My daughter-in-law installed one of those fabric softener devices that sticks to the drum of my dryer. When I took my new navy blue work pants out they were covered with white streaks. Is this normal? Does anyone know how to remove this from my new pants? Thanks.

By Obe1949 from Peterborough, Ontario

You can try using bar soap on the stains,rub it on, let it dry and then wash again in cold water. I had fabric softener stains that came out. My daughter used Ivory and said it works better.

I was told once that most fabric softener is made from fats and oils. That being said the bounce dryer bars I have used in the past have not caused this problem however I do not dry my clothing on high settings(that may be the culprit) but if it is oil based. I would try dish detergent (dawn) on the marks that should break up the stain - hope this helps.

December 1, 2009 Flag

I have dried liquid fabric softener on clothes and can't get it out. Is there away to remove it?

By Sharonk912 from St. Louis, MO

Answers:

You could try soaking the stains in vinegar for a while, to see if that will help. It should not harm any fabrics. (04/29/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsDecember 1, 2009
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🎄