MiscellaneousCrafts

Storage Solution for Charms, Buttons, etc.

Category Miscellaneous

I have found a cheap storage solution for charms, buttons, brads, eyelets or anything small and in multiples. I get FREE pill storage containers from the pharmacy! Then I use nail polish remover to take off the S-M-T-W-T-F-S for the days of the week and use a permanent marker to mark on the top what's in each compartment. Can't beat FREE!

By Melanie from Shakopee, MN

Where I am the pill storage containers are for sale at the pharmacy, they are not for free.

That's a good idea, I like that!

Great idea.Also I have used these holders, for storing water-color paints that come from a tube, I wanted to be able to take my paint supplies with me, so I could paint while away from home.It worked really well when I was able to use the larger sized holder, the kind that would hold a week's supply of pills, because there was enough room to leave the connecting spaces empty, so that I could have a space to mix my own colors, and could save the new color mix for later use, also I found that just using a small amount of water with the paint and placing the whole pill holder in a ziplock type bag, remembering to carry it flat.When I wanted to paint I could take a little spritzer water bottle and spray the whole thing, or just the area I was going to use.Sorry it is a little hard to describe without a picture.The main thing is to give it a try....I am not a professional but it relieves so much stress, and it gives you something to look forward to.I really enjoy collecting designs that I want to paint, I had a small light box that was like a small xray viewer so transferring the design was as easy as tracing.A surprize through all of this was that I learned to draw my own designs, because I had transferred so many.I have thought about making little to go kits for people, with a design all ready.I just use a sharpie ultra fine marker (not sure about the acid test), it is important to use 140 pound weight paper, so that it will not warp easily, later you can use less expensive paper as you learn how much water you use.Brushes are priced from a dollar on up, make sure the bristles are all going the same direction, after you clean your brushes be sure to place them bristle up, after you have blotted extra water out.