Mapping My Garage Sale Route

Couple Putting up Yard Sale Sign
Modern technology can make mapping out your route for yard sale stops simple and streamlined. This is a guide about mapping my garage sale route.

When making a shopping route for garage sales, enter all the addresses you are interested into www.mapquest.com or another internet map program. They have a multi-stop route builder, you just type in all the addresses and then put them in the correct order. They will show a map so you will know how to put them in order. It gives you driving directions and street names to turn on. It makes it really easy for someone to read them to you while you drive.

By TexasDarling from East Texas

How do I create a map that shows my garage sale route. I have 15 addresses and I wanted them mapped out so I don't have to backtrack.

Thank you,

Corinne

I think on mapquest you can add stops to your route... so put your address as the starting point and another address as the end point, and add the rest as additional stops. Hope this helps!!

I go to Yahoo Maps--Driving Directions--then you will either to to the page with one destination, or the one with additional stops...if you're at the wrong one, the right one will be near, but not at, the upper right corner.

Start putting addresses in. I haven't found an easy way to change #2 to #4, but it will give you a map and you see where you need to cut and paste. I hope someone comes up with a better way for you, but this way works if they don't.

Try www.mapquest.com. You can put in up to 10 locations (I think 10) and they will put them in the correct order for you.

Before we had all the cool computer software, my mom would make copies of the local map that was in the phone book. Then each weekend she would mark on the map the approximate location of the garage sales she wanted to hit.

You could take map of your city to a copier and enlarge the portion where the garage sales are, then make a red dot on each location. might be easier than making all those mapquest pages.

You could also use a key map if you have one. Mark the pages you need with a post it.

You've already gotten the best answers, but what I did was circle them in the classified ads with a big marker then just put numbers, 1 - 15 beside them in the order I wanted. (I live in a small town, so I didn't really need a map, per se), just an efficient system to save time & gas.

Go to http://www.mapmywalk.com You can zoom in or out to get the size map you want. Then mark your first stop with a dot, then follow the streets (it will mark a red line as you go) to your next stop. Keep doing this until you have marked all your stops. Then print your map. Not only will you have all your stops marked, but you will have a route too so you can find the fastest way to get there.

I have not found a good way of setting up my Garage Sale route - any suggestions on a good web site to input several locations for the day and have it give you the best route so you don't back track and waste time, and gas?

Thanks, DEBBIE