Pumpkin Treat Bags
A fun little bag to decorate a door or sit on a shelf, full of candy!
Approximate Time: 20 - 30 minutes
- Halloween/fall fabrics
- fusible facing with paper backing
- sewing machine
- rotary cutter, board
- Cut your orange fabric into 2-inch or 2.5-inch strips using a variety of fabric prints. The best length is 22 inches or more.
- Sew these strips together as wide as you want your bag to be.
- Iron open the seams on the back to make the bag look smoother. I usually sew on top of the seams with a decorative stitch to make the seams stay open even after washing.
- Now cut the lining fabric to match the length and width of the strips that you have sewn together.
- Sew the 2 parts right sides together on the long sides. Turn and press flat. It looks like a tube at this point.
- Fold the fabric to the inside on the short sides and iron in place. You will sew the lining and outside together later.
- Fold the tube with the outside (the pumpkin side) facing each other matching the short sides. Sew the side seams. The fabric at the top is the thickest so take time to get these stitches in place.
- Box the bottom by sewing 2 small seams across the side seams at the corners.
- Handles can be added at the top using ribbon, webbing, or other fall fabric. Pin in place between the outside and lining of the bag and sew all the way around the top of the bag to finish the bag.
- Now for the really fun part: Iron the wrong side of fabric to the fusible facing. (Paper-back fusible interfacing sticks on both sides when ironed.) Draw the shapes that you want for the pumpkin face and cut them out. Remove the paper and iron according to interfacing instructions.
This can be hung from a door knob or filled with candy to sit on a table or bookshelf.
By Phyllis from Houston, TX
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 23, 2017 at 11:24:02 AM on 10.0.2.61 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us