Perking Up Take-out Fried Chicken

Have you ever bought take-out fried chicken and discovered that it was dry? I encounter this occasionally especially with grocery fried chicken. The upside, is that after a certain hour, they sell it at a reduced price.

To perk it up, put it in a microwave safe container, sprinkle a little whole milk on it, cover, shake, and zap. The milk will soften the skin and the moisture will revitalize the chicken.

Another trick is to make a nice wine sauce (I use Marsala wine, chicken boullion, garlic, butter and cream) and simmer the chicken gently in the sauce for a few minutes.

You can add blanched onions, cooked vegetables, serve over rice or mashed potatoes, and it's like a homemade meal : )

By U*u*U from

This is a great idea, and I will try it sometime. I have another hint to share. Put the chicken in a crock pot and pour bbq sauce over it. Cook it on high for a couple of hours and you will have bbq chicken like you get at the restaraunts. My uncle used to work at KFC when he was in college, and he told me that this is how they used to make their bbq chicken. It is truly easy, wonderful tasting, and it is impressive to serve to guests.

It sounds like a great idea, but how do you keep the coating crisp?

great ideas on the chicken, and a common problem for me, also thanks to teachpad for the idea for putting in crockpot. cannot wait to try these.

The best way to crisp up take home chicken is to drop it in the deep fryer for a min. If it has been in the fridge over night put it in the microwave for a min then to get rid of that sorry microwaved mess in to the deep fryer it goes. Then it's just over the hills and through the woods and back to the colonels house all over again.

Fried Chicken on a Plate
Fried Chicken Tips And Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJuly 29, 2008
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Fried Chicken
Canning Fried Chicken
Fried chicken in paper bucket against a white background
Copycat Kentucky Fried Chicken
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄