Alternative for Waterbed Sheets

I have a water bed and sheets for it never go on sale. I found a pair of king size sheets at our local little thrift shop really cheap. When I got home, I put the fitted bottom on our bed to see how short it was and measured how much more sheet I needed to tuck in. I cut the fitted corners apart then sewed a flat strip of old sheet on the bottom. I now have bottom sheets that fit our bed and stay tucked in.

By gramfive from Port Orchard, WA

We have a king size waterbed and found the waterbed sheets harder to find and they always tore, eventually(along the bottom). So, now I buy only "California King" size sheet sets. I buy really good ones (higher thread count) and they last, feel fabulous and the pockets are deep enough to stay in place. I love our waterbed and now I love the sheets too.

My friend uses 2 King sized flat sheets. Just tucks the extra lenght and width under the liner. The water holds it down!

February 22, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have an alternative to buying waterbed sheets ? Help!

moshierdi from Athens PA

Answers:

Alternative For Waterbed Sheets

We had a water bed for years and I used flat sheets only. I also mix colors like ivory and beige, you can get them in the sale bin. Also Smartbargins.com has 300+ thread count for great prices.

Happy Holidays ! (12/11/2007)

By Debe

Alternative For Waterbed Sheets

You can buy these things that have clips on both ends for keeping your ironing board covers on. They work well to keep sheets on beds too. Theyre elastic so you just stretch it well and clip across each corner underneath. (12/11/2007)

By Lily 59

Alternative For Waterbed Sheets

I agree with Debe-for many years I also had a waterbed and only used flat sheets. You just stuff them way down on the sides and the mattress holds them inside the frame. (12/11/2007)

By moonbaby28163

Alternative For Waterbed Sheets

I, too, have a waterbed. Instead of buying the expensive waterbed sheets, I purchase the sheets with deep pockets made for the really thick mattresses. They've worked great for me. (01/03/2008)

By Momof1

Pillows and Sheets on Bed
Saving Money On Bedding
Better Living Frugal Living TipsFebruary 22, 2010
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
A stack of folded sheets.
Folding Fitted Sheets
Bed Sheet Tent
Uses for Bed Sheets
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
🎄