Blue Jean Purse

contest winner icon

Get a pair of old jeans worn by your friend's children. Cut off legs and sew cut bottom under pockets closed. Gather it a little before sewing. Use legs fabric to form a sturdy strap and sew on. Get pretty fabric to make lining and iron on interfacing for stiffness. Measure width of purse and make the liner about 25 inches long by that measured width. Then by folding and stitching until your liner is only 18 inches long, you can make pockets for cell phones, etc. Stitch liner as separate bag and insert into jean purse. Sew up top edge and add zipper across top or flap to button to jean top button. Also, a long strip of the same pretty fabric can be fed through belt loops and tied in front. Very cute and low cost and they will love that it was their child's jeans too.

My goodness! We used to make these back in the 70's--my old hippy days--heheheh! They are wonderful & last forever! You can also add all kinds of decoration to them--we used to embroider, add sparklies, & even painted on them. I'm so glad you reminded me of this. I'm gonna have to make one 'cause I really loved my jeans purse!