Make Crostini and Bruschetta in Skillet

contest winner icon

Whenever I make crostini or bruschetta, I almost always end up burning the baguette slices no matter how careful I am when toasting them under the broiler, so I tried something different and will never have a burnt slice of toasted baguettes again.

What's working for me now is to simply lightly brush one side of the slice with extra virgin olive oil, place in a skillet oil side down and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted. It turned out there is an added bonus in doing it this way because it gives the slices added flavor.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Great idea!

Bruschetta Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJuly 20, 2010
Skillet Meal
Skillet Dinner Recipes
Chicken Skillet
Chicken Skillet Recipes
Chicken Mexican Skillet
Mexican Skillet Recipes
Beef Skillet
Beef Skillet Recipes