Christmas Float Ideas: Theme "American Christmas"

I need ideals for our Christmas parade. The theme is "American Christmas".

By Marnie from OK

I don't know if this would work on a float or not, but a guy in my town had the coolest Christmas decoration in his front yard Dec. 2001 (when 9/11 was of course still fresh in everybody's mind): he had a spotlight on a fake Santa Claus (who was sitting in an US Army jeep) who was saluting the American flag (which he had a spotlight on too). The jeep maybe wouldn't fit on your float, but if not, maybe Santa could be partially dressed in some camo or some kind of military stuff? Or if it was possible to have Santa saluting a military person(s) or vet(s) in their uniforms who were on the float too? Just a thought; good luck!

Red, white and blue lights on the Christmas tree if you have one on the float, and feature the flag, of course. I also like Lynn's Santa in cammo idea, as well as folks in the various military uniforms. Wish I could think of a carol other than "A Soldier's Silent Night." Great prose piece, a real tear-jerker.

Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
Christmas Parade Float Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor Parade Float IdeasNovember 7, 2009
4th of July Parade
4th of July Float Ideas
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
Blue Parade Float Skirt
Parade Float Ideas