Planting a Rose of Sharon Near House

I have a 7 year old house with a 5 year old rose of sharon planted one foot away from my house in the backyard. I cut it back away from my siding and keep it about 7 feet tall. I noticed the trunk of the bush is really massive. I'm starting to worry since it is so close to my house, will the roots one day penetrate my foundation wall or even worse my drainage tiles? Thank you for your time.

By Dave from IL

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yes it is possible. If you like this bush. Take a cutting and put root hormone on it and try to grow a new one. Either way that bush has to go soon before you get damage.

I had a Rose of Sharon once, decided to cut it down, and the following year new little sprouts of the rose came up everywhere! They were the dickens to get rid of. I will never have another one. Imagine all these things coming up around your foundation!

Rose of Sharon bloom against the side of a house
Planting a Rose of Sharon Near House
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceAugust 14, 2010
Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Not Blooming
Rose of Sharon
Growing Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Transplanting a Rose of Sharon
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
🎉
🎄