Ants Infesting My Trees

I would like to know how to get rid of ants in our trees.

By Vi from Texas Panhandle

Answers

Use d.e. dietematious earth. No insects can walk through it without dying and it's not very expensive. Just put it around the tree trunk and see what happens! Works great.

June 20, 2010 Flag

There are ants infesting my trees! I have four maple trees and a walnut tree and the ants are eating them from the inside out. There are numerous trees around this area with the same problem. We live in north central Indiana near the Illinois border. Any idea on how to get rid of these ants without killing my poor trees?

Patty

Answers:

Ants Infesting My Trees

Call or visit your county USDA extension office and see what they have to recommend. Or visit them online and see if their website offers any suggestions. I've done this for yard problems in my state and found much good information from them. (06/15/2005)

By seagrape

Ants Infesting My Trees

I got rid of the ants infesting my rose tree, I buried watermelon rind around the base of the tree and this worked. (06/15/2005)

By Kay Rose

Ants Infesting My Trees

You can try sprinkling corn meal around the tree, or corn meal mixed with borax laundry booster if you don't have pets that may eat it. (06/15/2005)

By Barbie

Ants Infesting My Trees

There are several ways to get rid of ants. Here are three sure fire methods! Diazinon, baby powder, and boiling water. My favorite is the Diazinon. (I keep my dog away from where I have sprinkled the granules.) It has worked for me every time. I even go and treat my friend's ant hills and ant problems. If you have animals running free, try the other two methods, first. (06/23/2005)

By systyl

Ants Infesting My Trees

Powder a few sticks of chalk and shake on the area needed. Ants cannot stand chalk, I even draw a line at the bottom of my steps and they will not go near it! (06/21/2008)

By savedone

Ants herding aphids on a tree branch.
Keeping Ants Off Trees and Shrubs
Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJune 20, 2010
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄