My granddaughter and I love to cook and I thought she needed an apron, so I came up with this inexpensive one.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 1 hand towel
- child size tee shirt
- sewing machine
- bias tape
- Cut hand towel in half, lay aside.
- Using the child's tee shirt, cut the top of apron according to the pictures using the neck opening for the neck of your apron. I chose to make a narrow shoulder, but the picture shows a narrow and wide cutting line marked with a Sharpie. I cut just inside the side seams on the front side.
- After cutting out the tee shirt top, lay it out flat. Align the half hand towel cut side next to the bottom of the tee shirt bottom.
- Gather the hand towel to match the width of the tee shirt. Stitch the hand towel to hold gathers.
- Pin the towel to the back of the tee shirt so you can sew on the front on the hemline of the tee shirt and through the gathering stitching on your towel.
- Fold your bias tape over the raw edges of the tee shirt starting where the towel and tee shirt join, stitch the bias tape on around to the other towel/tee shirt joint and cut even with the towel.
- Attach the same bias tape for the ties or use tie material of your choice.
Enjoy cooking with your little ones in their very own apron. Feel free to personalize with the child's name or picture. My granddaughter and I love to cook together so I made this one for her.
February 27, 20100 found this helpful
Oh, how cute! You could have submitted your idea in the photo contest. Very original!
March 11, 20100 found this helpful
Very good idea, thanks for sharing, good luck.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 1:28:18 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us