Child's Apron

My granddaughter and I love to cook and I thought she needed an apron, so I came up with this inexpensive one.

Approximate Time: 20 minutes

• 1 hand towel
  • child size tee shirt
  • sewing machine
  • bias tape
  • pins
  • marker
  • scissors

Instructions:

1. Cut hand towel in half, lay aside.

2. Using the child's tee shirt, cut the top of apron according to the pictures using the neck opening for the neck of your apron. I chose to make a narrow shoulder, but the picture shows a narrow and wide cutting line marked with a Sharpie. I cut just inside the side seams on the front side.

3. After cutting out the tee shirt top, lay it out flat. Align the half hand towel cut side next to the bottom of the tee shirt bottom.
  4. Gather the hand towel to match the width of the tee shirt. Stitch the hand towel to hold gathers.
  5. Pin the towel to the back of the tee shirt so you can sew on the front on the hemline of the tee shirt and through the gathering stitching on your towel.

6. Fold your bias tape over the raw edges of the tee shirt starting where the towel and tee shirt join, stitch the bias tape on around to the other towel/tee shirt joint and cut even with the towel.
  7. Attach the same bias tape for the ties or use tie material of your choice.

Enjoy cooking with your little ones in their very own apron. Feel free to personalize with the child's name or picture. My granddaughter and I love to cook together so I made this one for her.

Oh, how cute! You could have submitted your idea in the photo contest. Very original!

Very good idea, thanks for sharing, good luck.

Child's Apron
Making a Child's Apron
Crafts SewingFebruary 27, 2010
Woman wearing a handmade apron.
Making an Apron
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Photo fo the finished craft apron.
Making a Craft Apron
Making a Jeans Apron
🎉
🎄