Junk Car Removal Near Seattle Washington

I have an old 1990 Toyota Corolla sitting in my yard with a blown engine. I'd really like to just get rid of this thing, not sure anyone will buy it. Does anyone have any recommendation on scrap car removers in WA?

By Nancy from Seattle, WA

I don't know of any in your area but here you can donate cars to several organizations that refurb them for needy families. Maybe you could check with a local Salvation Army or Veterans organization. Or advertise on craigslist or freecycle, someone may want to put another engine in it.

Old Toyotas are very popular with young guys who like to customize them. In our nearby city we have a club of young men who do this. They are usually more interested in trucks, but there are likely lot of usable parts on that machine. These guys prefer old ones. My son has owned 4 Toyota, all old (two from 85, an 98 & a 93). Google something like "Toyota drivers" to see if you have a similar club, or just advertise it on something like Kijii asking for "best offer". Someone will take this off your hands, it isn't worth a bunch, but it is worth something.

Get online and contact NPR. They'll take anything and will also handle all the paperwork free.

Used to be high schools auto shops would take junked (but not wrecked or burned out) autos for the kids to work on. If they do not do that anymore, check the Times, or whatever paper is there now. You can either put an ad to sell your car for a few hundred, or check out the 'We buy junk cars' ads.

Look in the yellow pages or yellow pages on line in your area. They are car junk yards that will come and pickup your car and pay cash. Usually it is not much and you do need a title. They use the old cars to sell as parts. I have done this once or twice.

Have you heard of freecycle? It is a network of free recycling groups. It is free to join. Once you join, your first post is supposed to be an offer. You could offer that junk car. I've seen all sorts of things offered and claimed. My neighbor offered an old 1972 camp trailer that had a hole in the roof! Somebody was so happy to get that! You never know what somebody else might be thinking is a 'good find'!

Look in the classified ads of your paper, or find one of those free car magazines they have in stores. There are always ads for people who will come buy your junker cars & haul them off.

I live in Ohio so the market may be different but I recently sold a car with a blown engine on craigslist. I had several scrap yards contact me wanting to pay me $100 and haul the car away. I held out for the $500 I was asking as the body/interior were in perfect shape. I eventually got it from a man looking to repair his car with parts from mine.

Disposing of Old Cars
Disposing of Old Cars
Consumer Advice Store FinderJuly 15, 2010
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Washington Christmas Charities
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Seattle, Washington
Seattle, Washington Frugal Travel Guide
🎄