TroubleshootingComputers

Problems Opening Thriftyfun Website

I have been having problems for a while now on this website. My computer keeps freezing up. When I type www.thriftyfun in my address bar the only thing comes up is the title or top portion of the home page. The "refresh" key helps sometimes. Do you have any suggestions? I am only having this problem on Thriftyfun website.

By Onesummer

try this:

http://www.thriftyfun.com

It sounds as though you have a cookie blocking the website. If you use a Windows operating system go to TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>DELETE and delet all your cookies.

You may also want to go to TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>PRIVACY TAB>SITES> and REMOVE ALL. Between those two processes you should get rid of the problem. Then CLOSE all of your browser windows and open a new one.

If you have Norton Internet Protection,and are using Internet Explorer as your browser-- sometimes it goes on a general site-blocking spree. Try this:

In your browser toolbar menu, select TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS in the dropdown.

Click the PRIVACY TAB, then locate the button that says SITES.

There, you should scroll through the sites; they'll be in alphabetical order. Next to them, you'll see either "Always Block" or "Always Allow".

If you see that www.thriftyfun.com shows "always block", you can double-click on it and it then gives you the option of making it an "always allow".

Click ALLOW and OK ( or APPLY, if that comes up).

Refresh the Thrifty Fun page if you're on it when you've started the process and it should let you in.

Wouldn't recommend what another poster said about deleting all SITES when you've gotten to this page--I've found that a few of the "always block" sites that the system has taken care of are things you definitely want to stay that way--spam advertising sites, mostly. Scroll through them all to see what you have there as long as you're looking around and unblock any you think are necessary.

Good luck!

Every once in a while I will have trouble getting into a website. Sometimes if you make sure you add the www. part it helps. Sometimes adding the http://www. helps.

When you said you tried www.ThriftyFun you didn't say if you had added the .com part. If not, try it. If so, sorry!

Other than that I'd try what the other people suggested.

It may also be if you have recently installed Internet Explorer 8----if so, there will be a little icon in the address bar at top, that looks like a sheet of paper torn in 2. Click that, and it should help.

I don't know if my solution would apply to anyone else. I use an adaptive program called JAWS. I was having trouble, too - not just with ThriftyFun, but YouTube, as well. What I did for ThriftyFun was this : I went to my "links list" view, then clicked the link I wanted from there.

Strangely enough, the problem seems to have resolved itself in the last day or two. The site is loading perfectly now, and I didn't delete my cookies or anything. I admit, though, I did clear my browsing history, clear out old files and defrag my computer last weekend, a set of tasks I perform monthly.