Canning Zucchini

My husband has had an overabundance of zucchini this year. Maybe this extreme heat has something to do with it? My question is, does anyone have a recipe for canning zucchini?

I have shredded quite a few to freeze for zucchini bread this winter with my Food Saver machine. I also blanched some sliced zucchini, froze it on foil over cookie sheets in the deep freezer. I later popped them off and used my Food Saver machine that removed the air from the bag.

So if anyone has a recipe for canning zucchini, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Carolyn C. from Elsberry, MO

I'm sorry I don't have a recipe for canning, but I just wanted to add that I don't even blanch the zucchini that I freeze. I shred mine for use in cakes and quick breads; just squeeze out the excess water once thawed. Makes the moistest cakes you've ever had and reduces the amount of oil that you need too.

My sister pickles her zucchini, she uses the recipe from Ball canning, at Kosher Dill Pickles - Small Batch or on back of package. She follows it using zucchini instead of the cucumbers. The only thing she does different is she removes the large seeds from the center and slices into short spears. She includes a fresh clove of garlic into each jar for some kick. They are very good and don't last long at family picnics.

Canning Summer Squash and Zucchini
Canning Summer Squash and Zucchini
Food and Recipes Canning VegetablesJuly 22, 2011
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries