Lipstick on a Budget

If you're running low on lipstick, or looking for another shade, but hating those big-bucks prices, try applying foundation and a little moisturizer, lip balm, or cocoa butter onto your lips before adding your lipstick with a lipstick brush and/or rubbing it on with your finger.

Blending the two colors will give you a smoother, more customized look, and if you use a darker shaping foundation in addition to your matching shade, even better: you can mix up more than one custom lip color that's perfect for your skin tone, and your bank account.

By unFolded from Las Vegas, NV

A good cheap lipstick is Mood lipstick. Mine is green, and it turns color according to you body chemistery. It comes in blue, orange, green, yellow. I think mine came from one of those gift magazines that come in the mail. A gal in golf group ordered one for about a dozen of us. It cost me $3.00 a tube. Soometimes you can find in Walmart or Walgreens. It has aloe in, so moist and it stays on better than any lipstick I have ever had.

Check the internet for green lipstick.

I save tubes that I buy that are the wrong colors or the left over parts in tubes that I've used up, melt them in a small bowl in a shallow pan of water, and pour the liquid lipstick in a parchment lined "old" tube that is twisted all the way down. Once cooled and set, twist the tube up to remove the parchment paper. You can cut the end if you like a slanted lipstick. It is easy to darken shades that are too light, lighten shades that are too dark, mix the stubs of the same shade for a new tube, or mix totally new colors to try.