Turning a Can Into a Small Safe

I need help from you crafty people out there. My husband accidently knocked the bottom off of the old dutch maid cleanser can. Now I am remembering catalogs that have sold secret banks made out of off the wall containers before, like cleanser cans and such. Unfortunately, this one is too bent to use, but its got good graphics and would be neat if I could have a stash of something hidden away in it. I need help figuring out a way to jerri-rig it. I think some kind of U shaped spring glued to the bottom that you could then slide the bottom in place would work. But I can't figure out what to use for that U shaped spring. Please people help me figure this one out. It would be neat to have this, and wouldn't be so obvious as our fireproof box we have, that the previous one was already broken into! (and consequently ruined) Please put on your thinking caps and reply asap. Thanks a million.

Lori from Marion

You know in this time of people stashing drugs all over their homes I am afraid most people would know about all the clever places to hide your money.

The one thing that still works better then most is if the object is right in front of your face out in the open it is usually the last place people look.

A can of cleanser with a false bottom?.

Ok lets try to make this can.

How about springing the top lid off the can wrapping your money or whatever in a baggie then replacing most of the cleanser with sand leaving on lt an few inches on top. Stain and water mark this can to make it look old and leave many old cans and bottles around to make look like you just never think of cleaning out under the sink.

Now retrieving your cash you will need to replace the can with another because of the mess you will have opening it up.

I Wish You No More Break Ins Regardless What You Do

Mr, Thrifty

You can take the top off any can with the type of can opener that leaves the top smooth, and replace it. . You would not ever know it has been removed & replaced. it fits like not been removed It will look like any other can in your pantry or refrigerator. Would not hold up in case of fire. I do it, have used them in pantry, refrigerator. cellar for found coins in washer/dryer

Crafts Recycled CraftsJuly 31, 2006
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Little boy dressed up as a construction worker.
Making a Construction Worker Costume
Small Walled Garden
Gardening in Small Spaces
Cucumber Blooms
Cucumbers Turning Yellow