Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

How can I get Sharpie permanent marker off my cream leather sofa?

By Becky from Norfolk, Great Britain

Best Answer

Try a little nail polish remover on a Q-Tip in a place that won't be too noticeable. If it seems to be working, try it some more. The biggest risk is that it will also take off the leather dye.

I've also heard that Goo Gone and Ditto Fluid work.

goo gone does not w3ork

Clearisil pads worked great on getting sharpie marker out of leather

Peppermint essential oil didn't remove the finish. I slowly rub it on with a q tip.

Do not use nail polish, it will leave an ugly white mark

Best Answer

So, I finally found the cure to the silver Sharpie on the black leather sectional. It's called Leather CPR and you can get it at Bed Bath & Beyond for $12. You simply apply it with a clean sponge. I did have to scrub it with the coarse side "lightly" where the marker was. However, to do the entire 7 seat sectional, it took me about 45 min. to condition it. So not only did I get the marker out, but the couches look brand new! And unlike the other postings, I have posted the before picture (in the blog below this one) and an after picture here. I hope this has helped.

But word of advice before trying anything on your furniture, you should ALWAYS try it on a small piece of the couch, like the bottom or somewhere you wouldn't notice if it messes it up.

You had more luck than us, we tried the leather CPR and unfortunately it was no match for black sharpie on wine colored leather. Our $5,000 couch now has a fun black sharpie stain..

Qthkxs going to try it a little put navy blue on our Carmel colored couch an we didn't notices it until a week later husband tryed to clean it but it didn't work so tkhxs for the CPR stuff

Permanent sharpie marker all over leather couch!! What can I do??

I tried the advise of Xyko. It worked great and immediately. I used Off Sportman Bug Repellet. I sprayed a small amount on a paper towel and the marker came off immediately. After that I put a leather conditioner on it to remove any residue. So happy it worked, our furniture is brand new. Also it has saved my husbands life. Ha!

Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureDecember 5, 2010
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather