Recycle mismatched and extra buttons to make this unique choker; a wonderful gift that costs less than a dollar to make!
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- 2 yards thin hemp cord
- 21 beads from old necklace
- 21 buttons
- super glue (optional)
- Cut hemp cord to length of 2 yards.
- Double cord and make an overhand knot at the folded end, leaving a loop large enough to fit button to be used as clasp at very end through.
- String beads and buttons alternately, "sewing" cord through buttons in a vertical line so that one piece of the hemp goes over and through one side of the button while the other does so simultaneously; this gives the piece stability.
- At the very end of the choker, tie a square knot before and after the button to be used as the "clasp," reinforce knots with super glue if desired; show off your new piece of jewelry!
By Brianna from Dutch Harbor, AK
December 1, 20100 found this helpful
Nice recycling craft!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 5, 2016 at 9:12:07 PM on 10.0.2.179 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us