Snowman Ornament

Clear glass ornaments and styrofoam balls makes this cute snowman ornament. You can either use a bigger glass clear ball ornament or a smaller one, just make what size you use, have the head part smaller. We chose the smaller ones as that, my kids and I made 42 last year as gifts for their classrooms. The clear ball ornaments come in a pack of 6 or 12 depending on the size. The styrofoam balls we got at the Dollar Tree for $1 for 12. Everyone loved them!

Approximate Time 30 minutes

• clear glass ornaments
  • hot glue w/hot glue gun
  • Buffalo Snow (found in the Christmas aisle
  • Ad
  • tiny buttons
  • eyelets (found in scrapbooking aisles)
  • pipe cleaner and/or orange paint
  • scraps of homespun fabric
  • ribbon
  • Christmas ornament hooks
  • scissors
  • Deco-Art Snow Tex (found in glue section)
  • 1 inch Styrofoam ball (dollar store)
  • black tulip paint
  • paint brush

In the image, the Styrofoam is not pictured.

Instructions:

1. Take the glass ball and push it into the Styrofoam ball, just enough to make a dent into the Styrofoam. Release (meaning take it back off) so you have the clear ball in your hands only and not the other piece.
  2. Fill the clear ball up with the Buffalo Snow snowflakes (usually found in the Christmas section of the villages) up to about 3/4 full, shake it a little bit.
  3. Once filled with snow, you'll need to hot glue the Styrofoam ball where its indented to push onto the clear ball and hold a few minutes. Let sit for a minute or two.
  4. Paint with the Snow Tex about 1/2 onto the neck of the clear ball and also the whole part of the Styrofoam ball. Make sure it's good and covered. Attach the hook and center on the top.
  5. I used eyelets for the eyes (poke with a pencil and hot glue in place). You can find these in the scrapbooking sections of the craft stores. Otherwise, tiny buttons work too.
  6. Take the pipe cleaner (I only had white) so I painted mine and cut about 1/2 inch off and stick into the Styrofoam ball for the nose part of the face. Add the smile with the paint brush tip using the black tulip paint.
  7. Ad

8. Once the Sno Tex is dried, you are ready for the scarf. I used homespun because I love a Country Christmas. 12 inches should work, cut to size once on the snowman. Tie a knot and you may have to secure the bottom part of scarf just a bit so it doesn't stick up, depending how the scarf is tied.
  9. Add a ribbon to hang as part of the ornament.
  10. Don't forget to sign your name and year on the back of your snowman.

By Bonnie from Norman, OK

Very cute I love it!

Very cute! Snowmen are my favorite and I thankyou for this neat idea! I am going to try this one.

hugs,

Marcia

I can't wait to try this! They are adorable. Thank you.

These are adorable. We are excited to try these and hope they turn out as cute as yours.

These snowmen are just darling... have fun!

Snowman Christmas Ornaments
Snowman Christmas Ornaments
Crafts Christmas OrnamentsSeptember 14, 2007
Tea Light Snowman Ornament
Tea Light Snowman Ornament
paving stone snowman
Making a Paving Stone Snowman
Making a Snowman Money Holder
Making a Felt Snowman Money Holder
Felt Snowman Ornament
Making a Felt Snowman Ornament
🎉
🎄