This is just about our very favorite low calorie dish. I have modified it a bit from one I got from Healthy Choice cookbook.
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 8 oz NO fat shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup regular shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped, or 1 1/2 Tbs dried
- 1 Tbsp. fresh minced garlic
- 16 jumbo pasta shells, prepared as directed on box
- 1 jar low fat spaghetti sauce
- optional, 1/2 lb. lean ground beef, browned (you will need more pasta shells if beef is added)
Mix low fat cottage cheese, no fat mozzarella, basil, garlic and optional beef. Spray a 9x3 inch baking dish with no-stick spray and pour a small amount of spaghetti sauce in the bottom. Stuff shells with mixture and place in baking dish. Top with the rest of the spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with the 1/2 c regular mozzarella. Bake, covered with foil for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
This also freezes well before it is baked. Thaw before baking if frozen.
By Margie from Mount Vernon, Ohio
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
This sounds really good. I am trying to cut back on cals to lose weight, and may be able to fool my family into thinking this is not low calorie. Thank You for sharing.
sounds great!!! If you have any more great low fat health recipes like this will you please email me? I am on a quest to lose LOTS of weight and would love good recipes. Thanks. proud_texas_gal AT yahoo.com
Add your voice to the conversation.