Metallic paint adds glitz to pressed leaves that can be hung in a window or off an evergreen bough for the holidays.
Materials and Equipment:
- a large plastic bag or several sheets of newspaper
- pressed leaves (the ones in the photo are oak)
- metallic thread in gold, silver, or copper tone
- decorative metallic paint in gold, silver, or copper tone
- a paint brush or sponge
- a lid from a used container (such as yogurt)
- Before starting, clear the table and cover it with newspaper or a large garbage bag to avoid getting paint on the table.
- Spread out your leaves on the table before you. Pour a small puddle of paint on the plastic container lid.
- Paint one side of each of the leaves with the metallic paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Many types of paint work for this project. I have found that acrylic and oil-based stencil paint work the best. You may have to rub the stencil paint on with a sponge or paper towel, but it still works. If you have some left over from another project, this is a good use for it.
- Paint the reverse side of each leaf. Allow to dry completely.
- Cut off a long piece of metallic thread. Tie each end to a leaf so that two leaves are now joined by one thread.
- Drape the leaves over an evergreen bough or a curtain rod and enjoy the show as they dance in the slightest breeze. Be sure to keep them away from an open flame.
December 9, 20050 found this helpful
those are cool !
they look as if they would last forever ?!?
will you store them for reuse ?
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 25, 2016 at 8:15:07 AM on 10.0.2.235 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us