Photo: Making Christmas Cookies

I came home after a long tiring day to find my 3 year old grandson decorating the last of the cookies he and his Pappy had made. It was so funny to see him standing on my old milking stool at the counter decorating the last of his cookie stash.

Pappy says he is very interested in my vast supply of cookie cutters. They made sugar cookies and cut out pieces for a Gingerbread house. Conner is 3 years old but very mature for his age. He just tickles my soul!

By Gem

Photo: Making Christmas Cookies

Photo: Making Christmas Cookies

P. S. My husband said he had to vacuum Conner before I got home because he had flour all over himself.

Gem

Very cute photo! How nice that the boys were baking together. :)

What a great guy his Pappy is to make memories for this little guy. (And for cleaning up for you.)

I hope you are making a scrap book for him. (For his 21st birthday.) Include all the pictures and recipes he is growing up with. Because sometimes after we're gone they may not have anyone to get the fun recipes from anymore. GG Vi

How sweet! Reminded me of when all my nieces and nephews would come to my house for our cookie making days. Was over 30 years ago and they still talk about it. In fact I think I still have the same cutters. Have to say Pappy has a good tip there too. I had never thought of using newspaper to cool the cookies on. Did use an old sheet over the whole table when the boys decorated though. With 4 boys didn't want to take any chances, haha.

What beautiful pictures and lasting memories. I started a tradition of making and decorating christmas cookies when my kids were teenagers. Now I have 7 grand children that help every year. We have a wonderful (messy..lol) time decorating and eating them.

:-)

Virginia

How adorable. Love the idea of the newspaper on the counters. Very sweet of your men!

Great idea to make a scrap book. I am going to make him a photo ornament of his pictures. I am going to make one ornament from pictures for every year since his birth. Funny, when he was born my daughter and I tried for hours to get him to open his eyes so we could see the color. Nothing happening. But when his Pappy came in and we handed him over that little bugger opened his eyes and reached for his beard. They say the first person you love is your Mama but sometimes I just think in his case it is his Pappy. Thanks for all the comments. Like I said he just tickles my soul. I'll post more pics when they finish his ginger bread house.

Hugs,

Gem

Cooking day came yesterday and Conner and Pappy made lots of darling cookies. By the time I got here everything was cleaned up and in order. I did find his huge stash of cookies though.

Enjoy the pics I took when I got home.

Gem

Photos FoodDecember 6, 2010
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🎄
🍂