Planning a Ladies' Church Luncheon

I am hosting a luncheon at my church for the single women's ministry. This is my first time doing this and I really need help. I need ideas on a nice menu, maybe finger foods and some gifts that I can give the ladies who attend. My theme is "Forgiving and Rebuilding: Giving young women the tools to regain what was lost in the storm".

By Shay from Oxford, MS

As a former pastor's wife, I have hosted many luncheons over the years. As to menu, I always tried to have meat, veggie, salty and sweet. One of the favorites was BBQ Farmhouse Bundles (Taste of Home), stuffed celery (celery spread with a cheeseball type mixture), chips, fruit picks(your choice of fruits layered on a wooden skewer) and a variety of cookies. As to gifts, it depends on if you want to stay thematic. You could choose a variety of small, pretty tools - tape measures and small household tools with pretty colors or patterns. Or journals and pretty ink pens are always appreciated. Or small jar candles in soothing scents to enhance their Quiet Time reading and praying. Hope this helps.

how about a refrigerator magnet with a pic of a tool box and this verse over printed over the top: Do your best to present yourself to God as an approved worker who has nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of truth with precision. II Timothy 2:15 ? For center pieces you could have small colorful sand buckets filled with flowers and place a few dollar tree tools in each for decoration. Good luck. :)

I like this Care Kit. All the items can be put in a small gift bag.

Care Kit

A paper clip- To help keep things together when they seem to be out of control.

A rubber band - To remind us that there are times when life stretches us.

A tissue - To wipe away a tear, your own or someone else's.

A candy kiss - To say "I love you in a sweet way".

A small smooth stone - To remind you that rough times help refine and polish us for smoother tomorrows.

An eraser - To erase any mistakes or misunderstandings that are really troubling you.

A note card - To send as long, over-due greeting to someone who is lonely

A recipe - To make when you wasn't to do something special for someone.

An adhesive bandage - To remind you of healing, perhaps of hurt feelings your own or someone else's.

A scripture verse - To share God's Word of love.

Dollar Tree or a dollar store would have excellent affordable gifts such as maybe a notepaad and pens for taking notes during the sermon. Dollar Trees are also excellent for stocking stuffers, small birthday gifts, etc. When I was cooking for my daughters wedding, I googled "cooking for a crowd" and found some really helpful websites. I hope this helps!

How about a small emergency umbrella?

I personally like the emergency umbrella idea, sounds appropriate to your theme.

For menu, might be easiest to provide a variety of cold cuts, condiments and bread. The ladies can build their own sandwiches, and you can have several different kinds of chips, or a green salad and two or three kinds of dressing. If that isn't simple enough, I recall my soon-to-be daughter-in-law provided mini-weiners simmered in BBQ sauce and skewered on a toothpick as a finger food at a ladies' gathering. Cheese and crackers are also excellent finger foods, as is a relish tray or fruit tray.

Enjoy your fellowship.

Church Luncheon Ideas
Church Luncheon Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties ChurchJuly 25, 2010
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
small white church
Church Banquet Decoration Ideas
Church Decorated for Wedding
Decorating a Church for a Wedding
🎉
🎄